How To Ship A Car From One State To Another
When moving long distances, driving your car from your old home to your new one is not always the best option. It will put a lot of mileage on your car and if your driving cross-country it can take a few days to get from start to finish. A more convenient option is to ship your car and have someone else deliver it straight to your new driveway. So how is the done? The following outlines how to ship a car from one state to another:
- Determine a carrier for your vehicle. There are multiple options to choose from when it comes to picking a carrier. You will need to see which ones will go where you need them. Carriers may be limited by the amount of weight or the size of the vehicles they can transport. Find eligible carriers to ship your car.
- Look at the cost of transporting the vehicle with the different carriers. Some may offer discounts if you are shipping multiple vehicles. If you are using a moving company, it may be able to provide or recommend someone who can transport the vehicle for you. Often, these companies have relationships with each other, and deals are available if you ask. Make sure to look for and determine if there are hidden costs associated with this, including insurance fees, one-time upfront payments, administration costs or length-of-trip fees.
- Use the pricing that the company provides to determine what the cost would be to ship your vehicle based on size and weight. There will be different charges if you have a larger vehicle, of course, as the mover will base the pricing for your vehicle on a weight basis or through some other determination. Make sure that the company is up front in regards to this and you do not get surprised in the end. Compare these costs to find the cheap ones.
- Negotiate with the companies for a cheap rate for shipping the vehicle. Ask for discounts and deals they may be offering. Most of these companies are flexible enough to work with any budget you may have. Negotiate by showing the most trusted company the lowest quotes you've received. They are likely to drop the price.
- Set a timetable for when you will be using the transportation service. You will want to be sure that the company will be able to have your car to where you will be when you get there or when you need it. At the same time, be flexible to get the lowest rate possible.
- You can accomplish all 5 of the above steps in one simple step with Shipping Sidekick. Shipping Sidekick pre-screens car shipping companies assuring quality, on-time service. When figuring how to ship a car from one state to another you simply fill out a short form and Shipping Sidekick will give you the rates of up to 12 pre-screened car shipping companies in your area. There is no cost or obligation allowing you to choose the very best option for your money.
We hope this helps in the question of how to ship a car from one state to another. Save travels and happy shipping!